Apple CarPlay allows you to use the Waze app through your vehicle's screen. To use this, your vehicle will need to have Apple CarPlay compatibility. You are probably wondering what Waze is and why would you want to use it. Waze is a navigation app that allows drivers to communicate with each other and share real-time traffic and road information.
There are many other features that Waze provides that other navigations do not, as of 2018.
- First, Waze provides individual drivers the ability to mark objects on/off the road in real time.
- Second, Waze provides other drivers the ability to confirm or deny that the report is accurate or not.
- Third, Waze gives drivers the ability to report police that are on the road, hidden, or on the other side of the road.
- Fourth, Waze gives drivers the ability to take photos of business and locations to help other drivers know what they should be looking for.
- The last thing Waze does that other navigations do not is that it allows drivers to create faster routes that others may not know about. There are many more features inside of the Waze app that will make your commute each day a lot easier. These are just a few that stand out to me.
To use Waze with Apple CarPlay you will need to connect your phone with the appropriate cable or if your vehicle allows Apply CarPlay via Bluetooth, make sure your phone is connected to your vehicle. You also want to make sure you have the latest updated Waze app, currently, the version is 4.45. If you want to see if your vehicle has Apple CarPlay click here, for a list of all current vehicle that supports this feature. Once you have connected your phone you will see the Apple CarPlay Icon on your vehicle's screen, it is green and has a play arrow in the center of the icon. Click the Apple CarPlay icon, to start using this feature. Apple CarPlay makes your vehicles’ screen look like your phone, this makes Apple CarPlay user-friendly. Once Apple CarPlay opens you will see all the apps that are compatible with Apple CarPlay. If you have more than one slide, scroll to find the Waze app. The Waze app is blue with a white chat icon in the center of the icon. Click the Waze app on your vehicle's screen. You will notice there is an orange icon in the bottom right corner of the map. This icon allows drivers to easily access reports like police, accident, traffic, or hazard.
If you are thinking that this app could cause drivers to be less alert while driving, Waze incorporates actions that help prevent distracted drivers. If you are driving and try to add or change locations you will see a pop up that informs you that drivers can not use the app while driving. When the pop up does appear there is an option for someone to select passenger. If selected, this does allow the passenger to use the app. Waze does not encourage reckless driving. Waze implemented a creative icon that shows you the current speed that will pop up in the top right corner if you are driving faster than the speed limit. The icon will disappear once you are under the speed limit or slow down to match the speed limit.